Because sunless tanning only affects the top most layer of the skin, it is best if skin is freshly exfoliated and moisturized prior to your sunless session. Applying sunless solution to skin that is dry or flaky can cause: results to be less natural; uneven fading; shorten the life of the sunless tan and the possibility of experiencing "spotty" looking results after a day or two. The following preparations are strongly recommended to ensure flawless results from your sunless session:
From Now to 24 Hours Before Your Session
• Moisturize! Moisturize! Moisturize!
24 Hours Prior to Sunless Session
• Shower - try to avoid using a bar soap as they tend to have a higher pH level and also avoid in-shower moisturizers as these things can effect the reaction of the solution with skin and can also cause the "orange effect"
• Shave - using ONLY Soap and Water - NO Shaving Cream as the oils can effect the penetration of the solution through skin
• Exfoliate Entire Body - pay special attention to areas with dry skin
• Do NOT Moisturize Skin - lotions can create a barrier, preventing the absorption of the sunless solution
• Use deodorant sparingly
• Do NOT Apply Makeup if you wish to have color on your face
• Do NOT apply any perfumes or colognes
*always avoid heavily fragranced products and products with oils prior to your session (body washes, etc.)
Ask us about products specifically designed for our solution in order to help you prepare for your sunless session and ensure perfect, flawless results!
WHAT SHOULD I WEAR?
• WOMEN - we provide one-time-use, disposable intimates which include a bandeau bra style top and a thong bottom. If you choose to wear something else, please keep in mind that staining is possible and don't forget to consider tan lines. Women have the option to go topless if they prefer but a bottom of some sort must be worn.
• MEN - you must bring shorts to wear during your session. The shorts can be rolled up at the bottom but shorts MUST be worn. We do not provide clothing for men.
• Do NOT wear wool, nylon and/or silk during your session and for at least 8 hours after as the DHA in the solution may react with these fabrics.• Bring or wear dark, loose fitting clothing to put on after your session as tight clothing can smear and possibly rub the solution off skin.